Ever heard of cauliflower rice? It’s not rice, exactly, but it’s a good way to replicate some of your favorite recipes if you’re trying to cut back on grains. Or incorporate more veggies into your diet. This cauliflower fried rice recipe is a perfect example.
This vegetarian ramen recipe is a winner, too!
If you love the flavor of fried rice, but you’re dreaming of a healthier, less starchy alternative, this recipe is for you. Enjoy it as a vegetarian main dish or serve it as a side dish.
Making this cauliflower fried rice recipe
Hot tip: Make this riced cauliflower ahead of time and freeze it in portions for easy weeknight meals.
Because if you’ve got riced cauliflower on hand, this is a really fast and easy recipe to make.
You’ll start by beating the eggs and frying them. Once cooked, pull the egg to one side of the pan and add the onions.
After several minutes, add the remaining ingredients and cook for five more minutes or so and it’s ready to serve!
To make this a truly keto fried cauliflower rice recipe, you’ll probably want to skip the peas and carrots. Instead, use finely chopped broccoli.
Add in a cup or so of diced, cooked chicken for a bit of extra protein.
Vegetarian Fried Cauliflower Rice
This cauliflower fried rice recipe is a winner! It's suitable for a paleo or keto diet, but everyone will enjoy this vegetarian dish.
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs (plus 2 egg whites)
- ¼ cup red onion (chopped)
- ¾ cup frozen peas and carrots mixture
- 4 green onions (diced)
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce (or gluten-free substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper ( or to taste)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs and then pour them into the skilled. Cook, stirring a couple of times.
- Once eggs have finished cooking, add in the onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and the peas & carrots, and the soy sauce. Stir and then cover. Cook for 5-6 minutes before removing from heat to serve.