These flavorful Thai peanut noodles are nutty and spicy and — maybe best yet — ready in just 30 minutes.
For another quick meal, be sure to try this vegetarian sweet potato black bean chili.
One of my favorite things to order when we go out for Thai food is the peanut noodles. Replicating that flavor at home let’s me enjoy the spicy, peanutty sauce without leaving home.
Thai peanut noodles
This easy vegetarian recipe is made in the Instant Pot and comes together quickly. A few slices and dices, a quick saute, and a very short cooking time means dinner’s on the table quickly!
You’ll assemble the ingredients for the peanut sauce in the Instant Pot, then add uncooked noodles.
Can I make this recipe without an Instant Pot?
Yep, you can. You’ll just need to use two pots, one for the sauce and a second one for cooking the noodles. See the notes section below for instructions on how to make the peanut sauce on the stove top.
Gluten free and Keto options
If you’re avoiding pasta due to a gluten allergy or a low carb diet, worry not! You can enjoy this easy recipe, too!
Just make the Thai peanut sauce (either in the Instant Pot or on the stove top) with a gluten free soy sauce and opt for gluten free rice noodles.
If you’re following a Keto eating plan, use miracle noodles. Make the sauce separately (see stove top instructions below) and serve over these low carb noodles.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- ½ red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Sriracha sauce optional (add 2-4 teaspoons with the sauce before cooking to add a bit of heat)
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (the juice of one lime)
- peanuts to garnish
- Combine sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and sliced peppers in the Instant Pot. Cook on sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, chicken broth, and rice vinegar; stir to combine.
- Break noodles in half and add them to the pot, pushing them down to liquid level.
- Close pressure valve and set to cook in manual mode for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release when pressure cooking time has elapsed.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Garnish with peanuts.
To make these Thai peanut noodles on the stove top
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, then add pasta. Return water to a boil and cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Drain noodles and return to pot.
- While water is heating, sauté sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and sliced peppers in a saucepan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, chicken broth, and rice vinegar; stir to combine. Continue cooking on low until pasta noodles are ready.
- Pour sauce over noodles in pot. Add cilantro and lime juice then stir to coat noodles.