This no bake eclair cake recipe will be an instant hit with the whole family. Make this effortless and delicious cake for any occasion!
Looking for more dessert ideas? Try these white chocolate chip cookies with cranberries!
This no bake eclair cake is just the recipe for those last minute dessert needs! You can whip it up quickly and just leave it in the fridge until you need it. Plus, it uses shortcut ingredients (like graham crackers and instant pudding), which makes it even more simple.
This dessert is for those days that you don’t want to spend hours toiling over a hot oven to bake something sweet!
Making this no bake eclair cake
Although this isn’t a traditional french éclair by any means, this cake mimics the flavors of an éclair so amazingly! Plus, it uses great shortcut ingredients that makes it so effortless to throw together. Which is definitely a big pro, in my opinion. The only difficult part about this recipe is waiting to eat it!
Before you throw this cake together, make sure you have these ingredients: vanilla instant pudding (or a flavor of your choice), frozen whipped topping (cool whip), graham crackers, milk, bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, powdered sugar.
After you get these ingredients together, you’re ready to mix and layer! Get out a 9×13 casserole dish and lay down the first layer of graham crackers. Mix your instant pudding and milk together and fold in the cool whip. Take out half of that mixture to use for your second layer. Lay down another layer of graham crackers, then pudding, and finally top with a final layer of graham crackers.
Make your own homemade chocolate frosting
After you finish your layers, place your chocolate chips in a bowl and heat the milk until it is warm, around 30 seconds. Pour the milk over the chocolate chips, and mix them together after the chocolate melts. Finally, beat in the butter, add the powdered sugar, and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. I think making the chocolate topping by hand really enhances the taste of the cake (and makes it taste even more like an éclair).
However, if you want to make this recipe even more effortless, you can also use pre-made chocolate frosting. Spread the frosting over the final layer of graham crackers, and stick that baby in the fridge!
Leave the cake in the fridge for anywhere from 6 hours to overnight. The longer the cake sits, the softer and more delicious the graham crackers become!
No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
This no bake eclair cake recipe will be an instant hit with the whole family. Easy, effortless, and delicious!
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
For the topping
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup confectioners sugar
1. Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
2. Whisk together pudding mix and milk until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. Fold in frozen whipped topping until completely mixed.
3. Spoon half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers and spread into an even layer. Cover the pudding with a layer of graham crackers and top with remaining pudding in another layer. Top with additional graham crackers to create the final layer.
4. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
5. In a microwave safe cup, heat milk in a microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. Pour milk over chocolate chips and
allow to rest until the chocolate has melted. Stir until well
incorporated. Using a mixer, beat in the butter. When well mixed, add the confectioners sugar and whip until completely incorporated. Continue to mix for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
6. Spread the topping over the final layer of graham crackers.
7. Cover the dessert and refrigerate overnight before serving to allow the crackers to soften. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply